Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am not an Engineer...

Unhappy from your Present Life?? That you need from it you never get it or because of some reasons you are away from it... But how to reach it? How it is possible that what you need you can get.. Answer I got from my life is "Patience" and "Keeping yourself Alert".. You might think why these two.. Patience is a word for those who were just average in their academics. For those who are topper, things really come easily into their life. But for average rank holders life really tough though but not hard where they can't survive as well... I am one among those average students who was afraid to bunk classes but studied for exams only on the day before it... Now reached in a position where no one would had really thought that I would reach.. Yes, this is life... Had dreams about being independent.. Now the scenario is something else.. A normal graduate is now know as "Technical Writer".. I have to admit this as well that it wasn't easy for me to reach here... Still I have in me is that something is missing in my life... Never got an answer.. Might be that my dreams were unlimited... Patience was something that I was taught by my life in last 721 days :) The time in which I started my struggle to be independent was not so good.. Exactly recession time..Had to hear many No's .. Yes, not being an engineer was some what a draw back for me... Each and every MNC companies wanted an Engineer + Technical Writer Experienced person.. In my case it was Graduate in Computers + Technical Writer.. It was really tough to attain a job in that situation.. But patience was something that came to me.. and was not ready to give up as well.. Had times where I had to think of going back home and never to be back again.. But now when I look back I feel good I never went back and was adamant to change my mind.. Today, I have that with me... But sometimes nightmares come to me for not being an Engineer..Makes me think are only Engineers born successful persons??? But the answer is NO.. It's not only in my case that brought me to think in such a way.. Have seen many people suffering.. But I use to tell them... "Every Dog has a Day!"... "Today it's an Engineer's Day, Tomorrow it will be Yours!" (Who is Not an Engineer but talented equally as an Engineer.. Coming to the second point.. Keeping yourself Alert is something related to self assessment... How much anxious you are in achieving your goal?? How much willing you are to give your best/ try your best??? Now-a-days, that I have noticed is lack of encouragement.. The best thing I found is that "Self Help is The Best Help!" There is no one to motivate you and no one really wants to see your success... It's only You who should help yourself to reach your goal...

P.S - This thought run across my mind when a friend of mine told me this.. "Why only me??? Is that am not an Engineer???"

2 comments:

  1. It really hurts when a person compares an engineer with a dog but in case of you I can understand your dilemma. I'm happy that finally you have mastered the art of rejection and now an employed person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't had any intention to blame a profession (Engineering), I just tried to express what this IT industry expects from you if you are not an Engineer :)

    ReplyDelete

:)